Friday, March 11, 2011

With a little help from our friends ...

Another way that we are saving money on the wedding is a lot of friends are helping us out!

We have 2 friends that are amateur photographers. They are almost at the professional level, I have seen their work, it is amazing, they just need to build their portfolios and get some referrals. The contract hasn't been written out yet, so I don't have a final number for number of photos/price but I think the amount of $1000 has been kicked around - which would include the engagement photos, touch-ups, and album. I'm ok with this number.

I have another friend who has offered to make our cake. I've tasted cakes that she has made and they are delicious! I haven't seen a wedding cake that she has made (she made one for her sister's wedding, but I didn't go) but she is going to make a prototype for the wedding shower and I would have enough time to order a back up if I don't like what she does at that point. I sent her a picture of what I am looking for (teal frosting with a Celtic pattern) and she said no problem.

I REALLY want to have a band, but band or not, there are going to be times when other music will be required, and I friend has some good music equipment and an ipod, so free DJ. And a friend had already offered to be our MC (she is not shy and really funny). My MOH's mother plays the harp, so ceremony music is covered too!

I am so happy that I have wonderful friends that are willing to spend their time helping us meet our goal of having a great wedding for under 10K :)

TTFN, Morgaine

No comments:

Post a Comment